Friday, June 8, 2012

Jolly Rancher Infused Vodka

Easy at home flavored vodka! 

(Infused with Jolly Ranchers)




You will need:

-Resealable bottles (as many as you have flavors). I got mine from Hobby Lobby! 

-Your choice of vodka. We had Svedka around, but any plain, unflavored vodka will work.

-Jolly Ranchers






Step 1: 
-Open your bag of jolly ranchers and divide them by flavor. I chose to only use two flavors (Watermelon and Grape) but they all make great infused vodka. Blue Raspberry would be delicious! 



Step 2: 
-Unwrap Jolly Ranchers and put all of one flavor in each container. Again, I only used watermelon and grape, but have heard great things about all of them.

Step 3:
-Pour Vodka into your containers and let it sit. The vodka to Jolly Rancher ratio you use will determine how sweet your flavored vodka turns out. I've read many tutorials and tips and they all vary, it just takes some experimenting and adjusting. I used about 5/6 cups of vodka and about 10-12 Jolly Ranchers.
-Let your containers sit until the Jolly Ranchers are completely dissolved. This can take anywhere from 2-10 hours. (Depending on how many Jolly Ranchers you use). 
-I shook my containers about once an hour to get the Jolly Ranchers unstuck from the bottom. (I'm not sure how much this helped) Mine was done in about 5 hours! 


Fun Tips:
-I suggest putting your containers in the freezer (after the Jolly Ranchers have dissolved, as the cold slows down the dissolving process). Most alcohol tastes better when chilled! 
-Try mixing the flavors with Sprite, 7up, or Tonic water. Make it at home and let me know what recipes you come up with! 



Thank you for checking out my blog! 
Come back and check out more DIY projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment